The Log Cabin first opened its doors with the Mitchell family in 1942. The Mitchell family has had three generations serving the area with the latest generation starting in 1979. The Log Cabin had been a dance hall from WW2 until 1968 serving the Quantico Marines.
The Mary Washington College girls were not allowed to drink within a 10 mile radius of the school. The Log Cabin was just over the 10 mile radius. Then it became a local tavern for many years.
In 1979, the third generation of Mitchells opened the Log Cabin as a seafood and steak restaurant.